The following is a list of known surviving aircraft types which are related to World War Two
- This list does not claims to be complete. By 1939, aircraft were in mass production, and many (sub)types were constructed. This list must be seen as one with the most "iconic" warplanes of the period 1939-1945 - some because of its huge production and rôle in the air war, some because they were so important in the evolution of aviation (i.e. the jets)
- Complete replica's/rebuilds are not taken into account.
- The types are listed alphabetically per country where they were perceived.
- Many of the types were in fact designed before World War Two: Spitfire, Hurricane, B-17 etc.
- Some of the construction companies merged, splitted etc. The name of the firm which is most known by the general public (i.e. Supermarine , and not Vickers-Supermarine) is mentioned.
- Several of these types were active in post war conflicts: the Korean War, Viet Nam etc.